iPad - My Experience
Warning: My observations are biased as I’m not an Apple Fanboy, at least right now (was one in the past, I both respect and hate Apple & Microsoft)
- It is heavy.
- It is fast.
- Touch response is great and the best one available. But I doubt the same after the release iPhone 4G :-P
- It is great for web browsing. Pity myself! I am waiting for my Nook ebook reader. But I’m going to have the Android.
- I love the remake of Notes and Contacts app.
- iBooks is simple with bundles of feature which are must for any ebook apps/devices from now on. (Yet to try Kindle/Nook/Kobo so I may be wrong will update after my Nook.)
- Speaker is good, compared to my 1st gen MiPhone :(
It is not iPhone on steroids, it is iPod Touch on steroids :) I suggest you not to buy until they give you a better product on next revision, a camera + a basic phone features + dignity (other technologies).
It is not a product you must require unless you have a budget in every quarter for Apple.
I wonder, is there a device available for all platform with touch inputs + the area of iPad or 3/4th of it?